Be a part of the on-shore outsourcing revolution!
Software Quality Engineers are responsible for the documentation, development and execution of basic manual test cases. They are the first line of sanity checking and last line of defense against code fail. The Software Quality Engineer is a critical and respected member of the team, responsible for improving products. Software Quality Engineers are assigned to ensure that new products, platform enhancements, and upgrades delight our clients’ customers. With adequate training, this person will work as part of a distributed software engineering team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze user stories to determine reasonability, testability, resource requirements and sequencing
- Provide work estimates for testing user stories
- Develop test cases from business requirements
- Identify and raise risks as early as possible in the system development life cycle
- Create test data as required
- Identify and log defects, work with development to resolve, and verify fixes when implemented
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement in process and standards for the entire team
Note: Ideal candidates for this role will be located within a 40-mile radius of Ann Arbor, MI.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience with test methodology, QA process and the SDLC
- Highly collaborative and able to give/receive critical feedback
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
- Solid ability to take ownership and initiative
- Experience working with a distributed team is a plus
- Understanding of Agile and/or Scrum and how QA is performed within such a project is a plus
- Strong understanding of database concepts with the ability to create simple and complex queries
Recent grads & soon-to-be grads in Computer Science are highly encouraged to apply!
Nexient is the pioneer in onshore Agile software development services. Launched in 2009, the company today has over 60 scrum teams across 5 US based delivery centers supporting dozens of Fortune 500 and high growth mid-market enterprises. Nexient’s applied innovation, agile thinking and continuous delivery allow us to create software customers love to use.
As software technology is accelerating the pace of change across all industries, we too are continuing to evolve, investing in new talent, technologies and ways of helping our clients improve their business performance. We focus on architecting and delivering solutions that combine Silicon Valley innovation with contextual business understanding. Our practices include Agile Transformation, Application Services, Quality Engineering, Enterprise Mobility, Information Management, and Technology Business Management.
Our company has always looked to the future and executed on what’s next in our industry. That was a prime driver for our onshore delivery model, and investments in workforce development and Agile engagement methodologies have resulted in our company’s average annual growth rate of 56% since our inception just 5 years ago.
Our teams understand the need to execute, while staying creative, inquisitive and efficient. This is the science of applied innovation…inventive thinking made real.
Together with our clients, we strive to harness the future and deliver on What’s Next.
At Nexient we understand that the success of our organization depends on happy and productive employees. We are continuously trying to create a fun and positive work environment by selecting people that are a good fit for a team based structure; creating events which encourage team interactions, such as our game room, holiday celebrations and cultural events; promoting the culture of open communication in which our employees’ ideas and suggestions are valued.
- world-class training
- awesome co-workers
- room to grow
- career mentorship