Account Executive - Yelp
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Please apply to this role only if you are a resident of Chicago proper or Cook County, IL.
Hiring Company: Yelp
Job Title: Account Executive
Yelp was created to connect people with great local businesses. As an Account Executive, you'll be working directly with these local businesses to help them achieve their goals through Yelp’s advertising programs. You'll provide a consultative approach to every sale and work with each client to determine their business's needs and aspirations, because we succeed when we help our clients grow their businesses. In this role, you will be directly responsible for selling advertising space on Yelp to local businesses across the US and Canada. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all in a team-focused environment.
What You'll Do:
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients ranging from dentists to florists to restaurant owners
- Consult, educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising programs through a high volume of sales calls - strong communication and tenacity are key!
- Become an expert in Yelp’s advertising solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A resident of the Chicago metro area or surrounding Cook County
- A recent grad with 0-2 years of professional work experience (not to exceed 4 years of professional work experience)
- Currently unemployed OR working part-time, on a contract, or 30 or less hours per week
Training and Development:
- Comprehensive initial two month training with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program*
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge of the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Train with current top producers and improve daily with feedback and experience
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of SMB
*The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which will keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee-only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Stock Award opportunities
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to $1,000 matching per year
- Employee stock purchase plan
What We're Looking for in You
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ successful years in high volume sales
- Excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work legally in the US
Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills) is a nonprofit organization that partners with companies across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Don’t be just another applicant, Skills is your connection to get interviewed and get hired! At Skills we are your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. A job seeker that is a match for a role is interviewed by a member of our Skills Talent Acquisition Team, provided with additional insights into that role, and setup for successful next steps at the hiring company.
As a nonprofit organization, all of our services are free for job seekers in the Chicagoland area.
Chicago is Glassdoor’s fifth office worldwide. “Chicago is an ideal market to support Glassdoor’s expansion with its central location and incredible talent pool. The support and guidance we have received from the State of Illinois, the city and business community is extremely valuable and makes us feel very welcome,” said Robert Hohman, co-founder and CEO of Glassdoor, Inc. “I’m proud of the culture we’ve created at Glassdoor, and we’re excited to extend our footprint in Chicago and grow our team of passionate and talented people. We also look forward to becoming an integral part of Chicago's business community and working with organizations such as World Business Chicago and Skills for Chicagoland's Future.”
At Glassdoor you’ll receive:
• Competitive salary
• Employee stock options
• Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
• 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage (and we even pay 90% of dependent coverage).
• Company and team volunteer days
• Mac or PC – you choose!