About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Please apply to this role only if you are a resident of Chicago proper or Cook County, IL.
Hiring Company: Harris & Harris
About the Hiring Company:
Harris and Harris is an accounts receivable management organization with over 45 years of experience. At Harris and Harris, the mission is to provide outstanding accounts receivable services with the understanding that our reputation, and that of our clients', is more important than collecting any one account.
- Handle an average of 200 inbound and outbound calls from utilities account holders with outstanding balances
- Deliver high quality customer service, respect and professionalism in each call according to the client’s specifications
- Be able to give clear directions to account holders on how to resolve their outstanding balances
- Offer payment options to the delinquent account holder, if they cannot pay the outstanding balance in full, and negotiate to the best resolution for the client and company
- Communicate information correctly and enter data accurately
- Process payments using check by phone, credit/debit cards, or Western Union
- Follow up with account holders on established payment plans
- Document all collection activities in the utility client’s system
- Keep sensitive information confidential
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A resident of the Chicago metro area or surrounding Cook County
- Currently unemployed OR working part-time, on a contract, or 30 or less hours per week
- Experienced working in a call center environment
Location: Chicago, IL (Loop) - It is accessible by public transportation in the area.
Schedule: Must be able to work full-time from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
- 2 years of customer service experience in a call center environment preferred
- 1st party collections experience is desired
- Exposure with utility accounts is preferred
- Must be able to maintain composure on difficult calls and recognize when to escalate the call to a supervisor
- Understand the importance of attention to detail
- Must possess high quality customer service skills
- Must have a professional and ethical communication style
- Must be personally motivated and goal-driven
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have intermediate-level computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to toggle between multiple computer systems and screens while speaking with customers.
- Experience with CUBS (Columbia Ultimate Business Systems) is a plus!
- Professional bilingual skills preferred (Fluent in English and 1 other language)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills) is a nonprofit organization that partners with companies across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Don’t be just another applicant, Skills is your connection to get interviewed and get hired! At Skills we are your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. A job seeker that is a match for a role is interviewed by a member of our Skills Talent Acquisition Team, provided with additional insights into that role, and setup for successful next steps at the hiring company.
As a nonprofit organization, all of our services are free for job seekers in the Chicagoland area.
Chicago is Glassdoor’s fifth office worldwide. “Chicago is an ideal market to support Glassdoor’s expansion with its central location and incredible talent pool. The support and guidance we have received from the State of Illinois, the city and business community is extremely valuable and makes us feel very welcome,” said Robert Hohman, co-founder and CEO of Glassdoor, Inc. “I’m proud of the culture we’ve created at Glassdoor, and we’re excited to extend our footprint in Chicago and grow our team of passionate and talented people. We also look forward to becoming an integral part of Chicago's business community and working with organizations such as World Business Chicago and Skills for Chicagoland's Future.”
At Glassdoor you’ll receive:
• Competitive salary
• Employee stock options
• Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
• 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage (and we even pay 90% of dependent coverage).
• Company and team volunteer days
• Mac or PC – you choose!