Default Resolution Specialist
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Please apply to this role only if you are a resident of Chicago proper or Cook County, IL.
Hiring Company: Confidential
The employer is a student loan financial servicer, located in Rosemont, that counsels student borrowers at every step of the repayment process! They are a leader in the industry and have been providing outstanding customer service since 2004. With over 1,000 employees they are tackling the student loan debt crisis in America one call at a time.
Default Resolution Specialists (DRS) are responsible for locating and notifying student borrowers of their defaulted student loans primarily through mail and telephone in order to resolve their obligations using various Government programs.
- Contact borrowers by telephone to negotiate payment in full or best qualifying program to resolve delinquent accounts with the U.S Department of Education contract.
- Locate and notify borrowers of delinquent student loan accounts by mail or telephone.
- Record and update account activity including borrowers’ financial status, demographics, and collection efforts associated with resolving their accounts.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts including the recording of address changes and purging of deceased borrower records.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A resident of the Chicago metro area or surrounding Cook County
- Currently unemployed OR working part-time, on a contract, or 30 or less hours per week
- Experienced working in a call center environment
Why work for this company?
- 4 weeks of paid training
- Monthly uncapped bonus incentives
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance
- Leadership program to develop and strengthen your career
- Open, fun and flexible working environment
- Hands-on management facilitates success
- Personal satisfaction of making a measurable different in a student’s financial life.
- Highest retention rate in our industry
- 85% of our management staff were promoted from within the company
Location: 10275 W. Higgins Rd, Rosemont, IL
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K package
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm || Two (2) evening shifts per week 12pm-9pm
Experience and Education:
Associates degree and one (1) year of experience required. Candidate may substitute two (2) years of relevant experience either in 3rd party account receivables, sales or customer service in a call center environment.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with borrowers and 3rd parties in a professional manner.
- Able to solve complex problems and provide solutions in communicating with borrowers.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks while maintaining personal work standards.
- Able to work in a team environment.
Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills) is a nonprofit organization that partners with companies across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Don’t be just another applicant, Skills is your connection to get interviewed and get hired! At Skills we are your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. A job seeker that is a match for a role is interviewed by a member of our Skills Talent Acquisition Team, provided with additional insights into that role, and setup for successful next steps at the hiring company.
As a nonprofit organization, all of our services are free for job seekers in the Chicagoland area.
Chicago is Glassdoor’s fifth office worldwide. “Chicago is an ideal market to support Glassdoor’s expansion with its central location and incredible talent pool. The support and guidance we have received from the State of Illinois, the city and business community is extremely valuable and makes us feel very welcome,” said Robert Hohman, co-founder and CEO of Glassdoor, Inc. “I’m proud of the culture we’ve created at Glassdoor, and we’re excited to extend our footprint in Chicago and grow our team of passionate and talented people. We also look forward to becoming an integral part of Chicago's business community and working with organizations such as World Business Chicago and Skills for Chicagoland's Future.”
At Glassdoor you’ll receive:
• Competitive salary
• Employee stock options
• Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
• 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage (and we even pay 90% of dependent coverage).
• Company and team volunteer days
• Mac or PC – you choose!